Six books for little fingers to handle – all featuring children of color:
- 1. “Shades of Black: A Celebration of Our Children” – full-color photographs highlighting the variety of skin hair and eye colors
2. “Ten Nine Eight” – a classic counting book counting backwards from 10-1 as Dad puts his little girl to bed
3. “I Love My Hair” – little girl hates hair combing time “Mama is always gentle. She rubs coconut oil along my scalp and slowly pulls the comb through my hair but sometimes it still hurts” Book explores the variety of different hairstyles possible from afro to cornrow and braids with beads – a celebration of Black hair!
4. ” First 100 Animals” – a padded board book full of vibrant pictures to develop vocabulary and picture association.
5. “Splash” – faces of multiracial babies and toddlers with rhyming text about splashing about in water. could have such darling feet?” – a rhyming book
6. “Whose Knees Are These?” – a little boy “So brown and strong……..to whom do these fine knees belong? – a rhyming bookPerfect as a birthday or holiday gift for that youngest member of the family. Order an extra set to have on hand when a baby blessing or birthday comes along.