“In A Prayer for Our Country, US Senate Chaplain Barry Black leads children in thanking God for America, while also exploring the ways we can model God’s love to support our country’s citizens, heal hurts that divide us, and look to a stronger, united future.
Senate Chaplain Barry Black believes words matter and that healing and unity are possible in America if we see the image of God in others. In this prayer for children based on wisdom from his almost two decades of daily praying over the US Senate, Black offers needed and inspiring text to help the next generation grow stronger in faith and forward America’s dream.
A Prayer for Our Country:
- Uses kid-friendly language to show children how prayer can be part of our everyday lives
- Explores ways children can live out their faith
- Presents a positive message about kindness and respect
- Helps readers ages 4-8 see how they can help support and shape our nation
- Contains stunning illustrations that represent the diversity of our great nation by illustrator Kim Holt
In addition, A Prayer for Our Country is perfect for:
- Helping kids better understand and respond to the events happening in America today
- Teaching children how to pray
- Reading aloud format for classrooms, storytime, and families
‘Oh, my goodness! I love this book. A Prayer for Our Country: Words to Ignite and Inspire Hope is a gorgeous, heartwarming, all-encompassing prayer to our Lord. It thanks Him for our daily provisions, for always being with us, and for His magnificent love. It asks Him for guidance, knowledge, and understanding. It’s a lovely, sincere, and tender prayer that would do us good to say each day. I love how inclusive this book is, illustrating people with diverse ethnicities, abilities, ages, and such. We are all God’s children and are blessed so much. This prayer book expresses thankfulness and embraces togetherness. We may not know what others may be going through, but God knows, and by praying for others we are uniting the country and strengthening its future. The full-page illustrations are detailed, lively, and beautiful, and the essence of this prayer book warms my soul.’–Cover Lover Book Review” – publisher