Meet Our Storyteller
Scroll down to red lettering for a Virtual Black History Presentation
Since 1995, our storyteller has presented over 300 programs to thousands of children in elementary schools, public libraries, Head Starts, Montessori Centers, and middle schools across America.
In Alabama, California, Ohio, Mississippi, Wisconsin, New York and Michigan, her unique storytelling style, combining music, authentic artifacts, audience participation and lots of children’s literature has been well-received by principals, librarians and the enthusiastic listeners, the children.
For three consecutive years, the Farmington Hills Public School District (Michigan) booked our storyteller for EVERY elementary school. Year after year, she returned to these schools sharing creative multicultural stories and ethnic information. To schedule a storytelling assembly program on site at your location, call (734) 252-9010.
*Virtual Presentations for Schools & Organizations
Celebrate Black History Month All Year Long!
Listen to enlightening first-hand experiences.
Make history come alive with these 5 eyewitness presentations:
Seven Different Programs
- Around the World with Books
- Martin Luther King. Jr – His Life Message
- Black History Alive
- Follow the Drinking Gourd – Tales from the Underground Railroad
- Kwanzaa for Kids
- *Special during Covid-19: A Virtual Dr. King Presentation
- African Animal Tales
- Sojourner Truth Speaks
1. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – March on Washington 1963
pt 1 – MLK’s Early Life & March on Washington
pt 2 – March on Washington & Beyond
2. Nelson Mandela – My trip to South Africa during his funeral week
3. August 28 – Four Black History Events
4. Selma – Walking the Edmund Pettus Bridge – 50th anniversary
5. Barack Obama – My trip to Democratic National Convention for his nomination
Our speaker, Jacqueline Blake, marched with Dr. King on August 28, 1963 at the historic “March on Washington for Jobs & Freedom.” and througout the next 40 years had many other first-hand Black History experiences.
HEAR WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
This was the BEST assembly we have ever, ever, ever had. Even the teachers were engaged.”
Inshad M., Geer Park Elementary, Dearborn, Michigan”
Everything about your program was professional, educational, and well-executed.
“More than I expected…warm, caring presentation…very good with kids.”
Tim K. Green, Principal .”
“It was an honor and privilege to have a modern day historian at Lincoln Middle School today!